Dr. David Tsiklauri
School of Physics and Astronomy,
Queen Mary University of London,
Mile End Road, London, E1 4NS,
Tel.: +44 20 7882 5898
Email: D.Tsiklauri -at- qmul.ac.uk
* MSci in Theoretical Physics, 1994, Tbilisi State University, Georgia (with Distinction)
* PhD in Physics, 1996, University of Cape Town, South Africa
* PG Cert in Teaching and Learning in Higher education, 2005, University of Salford, United Kingdom
Current Research Interests:
Computational/solar/space plasma physics:
Large-scale, parallel HPC (Particle-in-Cell, Vlasov and Magnetohydrodynamic (MHD)).
(1) Novel particle accelerator concepts, plasma wake field acceleration;
(2) Enhanced Dissipation of MHD waves in inhomogeneous plasmas;
(3) Collisionless magnetic reconnection;
(4) Particle acceleration by dispersive Alfven waves;
(5) Electron acceleration by Langmuir waves;
(6) Radio emission mechanisms from accelerated electrons;
(7) Radio data analysis of Type III solar radio bursts from the Chilbolton LOFAR Station;
Stimulation of fluid flow in multi-phase porous media by acoustic waves in the context of:
(i) enhanced oil recovery and (ii) groundwater aquifer remediation.
Past Research Interests:
Astrophysics: Astrophysical signatures of the dark objects at centers of galaxies and the Sgr A*, nonbaryonic dark matter, heavy neutrinos, astro-particle physics.